I am a good team player and people person having been part of many committees within and outside guiding.
I have a wealth of experience having held the roles of District, Division and County Commissioner so I am used to leading the team, as well as being part of a team, very organised and used to working to deadlines.
I am currently a Rainbow Leader, LQ Mentor, Commissioner Mentor, District Secretary and Friends of Waddow Membership Secretary.
I am happy to train on the following topics:
- Section training – esp Rainbows
- The Leadership Qualification – what is leadership?
- LQ Mentoring
- The Promise
- The Commissioner
- Commissioner or Adviser roles
- Programme Planning
- Taking the Unit Out of Doors
I am happy to travel on a weekend but weekday evenings I would prefer not to have to travel more than 40 minutes away.
I enjoy all aspects of the Trainer role, meeting new Leaders, finding out what problems they face every week, how they run their units as we all learn from each other and training is a great way to do this.
My aims are:
- To promote Good Guiding.
- In a friendly professional training situation encourage leaders to be more flexible, to use the guiding resources more effectively and to get a real sense of enjoyment out of their guiding. Happy Leaders = Happy Girls.
- To show Leaders the role of the Trainers is a great way to share their guiding.
- To encourage younger members to join and then stay in guiding.