Marketing and communications assistant
Marketing and Communications Assistant
£10,421 for 21 hours per week – to be worked between 9am to 4.30pm (some evening and weekend working)
We are looking for a marketing and communications assistant to support volunteers and projects.
You will be assisting with the delivery of the region’s marketing and communication strategy. This will involve a range of tasks from working with lead volunteers and monitoring PR coverage to creating content for websites, eNewsletters, social media and surveys.
If you have the following skills and experience this is an excellent opportunity to join the region staff team.
- The ability to develop strong and effective relationships working relationships with volunteers
- Experience of working in an office environment/administration function
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills
- Some basic design skills, able to create compelling, on message copy, according to style guidelines and appropriate for the medium
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to proof read others’ work
- The ability to understand policy and procedures (for example GDPR legislation as it pertains to marketing communications)
- The ability to effectively brief designers and experience of working with web developers
- An understanding of the principles of market research and active interest in emerging trends in communications technology
- An appropriate level of competency in office and communications IT systems, including Microsoft Office programmes; WordPress; online survey tools; Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms
- Experience of day-to-day working with volunteers and of note taking
Other duties could include promoting and assisting with the administration of events and general office duties.
Interviews for this post will take place on 31 October.
More information about this post, including how it fits into the region team, can be found in the Marketing & Communications Assistant Application pack. If you would like to be considered for this post please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.