You can use the ‘print’ or ‘PDF’ buttons above to create a PDF version of this page to print or email to your friends.
- This event has passed.
February walk- Green Bell and Randygill Top from Ravenstonedale
Join the walking group on Saturday 16 February 2019 for a 14km walk starting at Ravenstonedale
- Name of walk: Green Bell and Randygill Top from Ravenstonedale
- Date and time: Saturday 16 February, meet 9.45am for 10am start
- Meeting point: Parking place just off the A685 in the village near the church and next to the village school.
- Map reference: OS Map OL 19 Howgill Fells or Landranger 91, Appleby. GR NY 722041
- Approximate length of walk/difficulty level: 14km, Level 3. Approximately 5-6 hours
- Ascent: 600m
- Details: The walk beings in Ravenstonedale and initially we head west on minor roads and a bridle path until we are south of the village of Newbiggin-on-Lune. Here we turn south and steadily ascend to the summit of Green Bell by way of the quaintly named Stwarth. All being well, as it can snow in February, we will then proceed further along to Randygill Top (good views to the south across to the Calf). From this summit, we retrace our steps to Green Bell but then descend east above the source of the River Lune via Knoutberry to Knott and turn north to return to Town Head and our starting point.
For details on how to take part please download the information sheet.