You can use the ‘print’ or ‘PDF’ buttons above to create a PDF version of this page to print or email to your friends.
- This event has passed.
January Walk 2019- Scarth Wood Moor and Mount Grace Priory
- Name of walk: Scarth Wood Moor and Mount Grace Priory
- Date and time: Saturday 19 Jan 2019 , meet 9.45 for 10.00am start
- Meeting point: Scarth Wood Moor CP (also known as Cod Beck ) GR SE 469993 . Explorer OL26 . Nearest Toilets Osmotherley
- Approximate length of walk/difficulty level: 12km, Level 2. Approximately 5- hours
- Ascent: 470m
- Details: The walk starts at Scarth Wood Moor car park where we cross over the stepping stones and head along the eastern edge of Cod Beck Reservoir. Just before the far end of the reservoir we climb east up through the wood to join the track along the top of the wood. From here we follow the track south as far as GR465970 where we turn right and take the path down through the fields past Whitehouse farm and into Osmotherley. After a short walk north through the village we follow the Cleveland way as far as Chapel Wood farm from where we can, if we wish, branch left to visit the National Trust property Mount Grace Priory (first day of opening 2019). Returning to Chapel Wood farm we continue to follow the Cleveland Way up through the wood past the BT station and then descend across the moor to reach our starting point at Scarth Wood Moor car park.
Download the information sheet here.