You can use the ‘print’ or ‘PDF’ buttons above to create a PDF version of this page to print or email to your friends.
Travelling Abroad Training – October
October 14£5 - £10
|What?||Travelling Abroad Training, Modules 1, 2, 3, and 4|
|When?||14 October 2017|
|Where?||North East England Region office in York|
|Who for?||Leaders taking or thinking of taking girls abroad|
|How much?||£5 half day or £10 full day|
Travelling Abroad Module gives you the underlying knowledge and preparation to help you take girls abroad whether this is to an International Jamboree, a world centre or independent travel with your unit.
- Module 1 – Discovering international guiding and explore the opportunities available.
- Module 2 – Find out how to plan a trip, gain approval, learn about forms, rules and regulations. Start your preparations and budgets.
- Module 3 – Start planning the event which includes timetables, finance, budgeting and fundraising as well as completing a risk assessment and developing a crisis management document. How to involve participants and parents, discuss ideas of how to prepare the group for the trip.
- Module 4 – Final accounts, reports etc and evaluate the trip.
We have two ways you can take this training:
- A full day on 14 October – please note this will be a long day
- Half a day (covering modules 3 and 4), afternoon of 14 October.
You must have or be working towards:
- a Going Away with Guiding License
- a residential event lasting at least two nights
- Module 6 (GAWL) for the section you are taking away
It is not compulsory to attend this training to run an international event, but it is highly recommended.
How to apply
Bookings are taken through our online booking form below. In booking onto this event you accept the Booking Terms and Conditions for Travelling Abroad Training.
You can pay by card, bank transfer or cheque, just select the option at check out.
No bookings will be taken after 1 September 2017.
If you have any questions regarding this event, please contact the Region office by emailing email@example.com. Alternatively, give us a call on 01904 676076.
Did you decide not to book onto this event? Please take 30 seconds to tell us why by completing this survey!