Jigsaw Camp 2018 – Trefoil Guild FAQs
Who is Jigsaw Camp for?
- Guides and members of the Senior Section camping for the full week
- Brownies camping for three nights (either at beginning or end of the week)
- Rainbows having a 24 hour camping experience. Up to 30 Rainbows at a time will have their own special subcamp with their own special activities. This will be repeated several times during the week
- Trefoil Guild members
- International visitors
What tickets are available to Trefoil Guild members and what are the camp fees/prices?
- Trefoil Guild Full Week (No Camping – staying off site) but including meals £100
- Trefoil Guild Full Week (Camping) including meals £180
- Trefoil Guild Half Week Sunday to Wednesday (No Camping – staying off site) but including meals £45
- Trefoil Guild Half Week Sunday to Wednesday (Camping) and including meals £78
- Trefoil Guild Day Visitor – Sunday or Thursday only, no meals £5 per day
When do bookings open and close?
Bookings will open in September 2017 and close on 28 March 2018.
Bookings for Full Week tickets (both camping and staying off site) can be made using the Region online booking system. If you wish to purchase any One Day or Day Visitor tickets please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your requirements and we will get back to you and do this manually.
When do I need to pay?
A deposit of £100 per person will be needed with the booking. The terms and conditions of booking include further instalment dates.
*if your bill is less than £100, payment in full on booking will be required.
What is included in the camp fees?
All Trefoil Guild attendees who have a camping ticket will have their own separate sub-camp and their ticket will include all meals. For those staying the whole week, we will also provide coach transport for a day off site.
What do we need to bring?
Yourself, your personal belongings and enough tents for your group.
What facilities are on site?
At the moment, nothing! We are building our camp from scratch on a green field. We will provide toilets, showers, marquees, catering tents, a camp shop and all the supporting services to make this a fun camp to come to.
When must I decide?
It helps us to have an idea of numbers soon. Booking opens in September and closes on 28 March 2018 – or sooner if the camp is fully booked.
Do I need to have a valid DBS Certificate?
If you are staying overnight on site yes you do and if you do not have one it can be arranged by your Girlguiding County – your Guild Chair will be able to facilitate this for you.
Will there be a bar for adults?
No, we have decided this will be a ‘dr’ camp with no bar and an expectation of no alcohol on site. We are very close to Helmsley so if you really need to escape and have no responsibility to look after children at a particular time you can of course go into town.
We will add to this list as questions come in. If there is something you want to know that is not answered here please email us.