- The Crown award may be awarded to any exceptional member of Girlguiding North East England between the ages of 5 and 26 who exemplifies the Guide Laws in all aspects of their everyday life.
- Any member of Girlguiding North East England may nominate someone for this award.
- Application forms must be accompanied by four to six supporting recommendation forms which may come from both within and outside guiding. The recommendation forms should show how the nominee exemplifies the six elements (outlined on page 4). The Thanks and Recognition Group members who consider the application are looking for the character, personality and achievements of the nominee.
- Information must be supplied showing how the nominee embodies the Guide Laws in their actions both within and outside guiding.
- The committee members base their judgement solely on the information in the supporting documentation, so please ensure you present as rounded a picture of the individual as possible.
- Careful consideration is given to each application and decisions made by the Thanks and Recognition group are final, subject to ratification by the Chief Commissioner. The committee will provide informal feedback to the proposer. The Thanks & Recognition group reserve the right to co-opt an appropriate young member to support the application.
To nomination someone for the Crown Award, download the nomination form
To recommend someone for the Crown Award, download the individual reference sheet