Work with us
Evaluating the 18-30 offer
Queen’s Guide Award element 4 opportunity
The region are looking for a creative and organised individual to help us get feedback on the new 18-30 offer and contribute to the planning for the offer in 2020. This opportunity is open to all region members aged 18-30, especially those looking for a Queen’s Guide Award Service in Guiding element 4.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with the region office and the region 18-30 coordinator
- Designing a survey (or other methods of feedback)
- Planning the publication and delivery of the survey
- Analysing the results to identify trends and highlights
- Making recommendations for the future of the offer based on these results
- Communicating the results and recommendations back to the region team
For further information about this opportunity download the role description here
How to apply: Email email@example.com with your name, membership number, and current role in guiding. As well as your responses to the below questions *.
- What appeals to you about the new 18-30 offer?
- If you wanted to gather opinions on a new event for 18-30s, how would you go about it?
- What makes you well-suited to this role?
*Answers should be no more than 200 words per question (you can make use of bullet points if appropriate). You can include relevant examples of your skills and knowledge, either from within guiding or elsewhere.
Please note we will be requesting references as part of the interview process if your application progresses.
Applications will close 9am, Friday 11 October.
More information: If you would like to find out more before you decide to apply for a role please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange for the region 18-30 coordinator to get back to you.
Mass Participation Event Coordinator
Girlguiding North East England are looking for someone to take the lead organising a region international mass participation event to be held in February 2021. This role could be used to fulfil Queen’s Guide Element 4. The applicant will be expected to:
- Organise an event in a European city with activities for girls aged 10-18.
- Host the event in the European city and lead a team to run the event.
- The city will be agreed with the region international advisers and chief commissioner following research.
- Arrange, plan and budget the programme in conjunction with the region international advisers and supported by the region staff team.
- Attend the event and manage the programme during weekend with support from the region international team.
- Produce a risk assessment for all activities.
- Attend regular meetings with the region international team to agree ideas and programmes.
- The event will be a one day event but will support leaders around the region to build their own adventures around the event.
- The event will be similar to the Girlguiding North East England ‘Rome in Rome’ trip and Girlguiding North West ‘Adventures in …. Prague / Copenhagen’ trip.
This role is open to all adult Girlguiding members. If you would be interested in applying, please email email@example.com with your name, and membership number if applicable and a short statement about yourself including:
- How you feel you meet the requirements of the role
- What skills or qualities you have that you would bring to the role
- Why you wish to be considered for this role within the Girlguiding North East England region team
Please give examples where you can, of the skills and knowledge you have for this role. These may have been gained either, from your work, or your involvement in guiding (if applicable) or other volunteer roles outside of guiding. (no more than 750 words).Applications will close end of the day Monday 16 September.
Other volunteering opportunities
Volunteering for Girlguiding: Girlguiding is the leading charity for girls and young women in the UK. By volunteering with us, you can help us create amazing opportunities for all girls in North East England. Our volunteers give girls a space where they can build their confidence, raise their aspirations and have fantastic fun.
There are lots of ways you can volunteer with Girlguiding – it’s flexible and can be arranged to fit around a busy lifestyle. No matter how much or how little time you have, every hour counts.
How to apply: To register your interest in becoming a volunteer please go to www.girlguiding.org.uk/interested.
There are currently no paid vacancies.