Cost of living support grant.
Cost of living support grant 2023/2024.
Finances should never be a barrier for a volunteer or young member to take part in Girlguiding, which is why we have created this grant scheme to support members.
Thanks to a funding stream from Girlguiding we are able to offer a Cost of living support grant this year. The grant is available to units to help subsidise adult volunteers and young members guiding costs, in particular to help pay annual subscriptions for 2024.
About the grant
- The purpose of this grant is to ensure adult volunteers and young members most affected by the cost-of-living rises can continue to participate in Girlguiding.
- Applications will be open from 1 November 2023 to 31 January 2024.
- Applications will be assessed within 28 days of the closing date.
- The grant can be used to cover the costs directly incurred by adult volunteers and young members participating in Girlguiding. This grant is primarily targeted at support for annual subscriptions, including flexible volunteering support.
What can be funded?
Grant funding can be used to cover the costs directly incurred by a volunteer or young member participating in Girlguiding, including:
- Annual Subscriptions – the subscription fee to take part in Girlguiding, including support for flexible volunteering opportunities if the unit is unable to fund e.g., a student volunteering or a volunteer who can only attend on certain days due to shift working or caring responsibilities.
- Unit Subscriptions – where the cost is prohibitive for a young member taking part in meetings.
- Rent – costs incurred to hold regular meetings.
- Travel – costs incurred by the volunteers getting to/from Girlguiding activities, who could not otherwise afford to regularly attend.
- Uniform – any item of uniform.
- Special Events and Trips – where the cost is prohibitive for a member taking part.
If you need any help with completing this grant application email firstname.lastname@example.org
Who can apply?
- Any unit who requires financial assistance for subscriptions or other Girlguiding reasons.
- Applications can only be submitted by a unit, parent/carers cannot apply.
- Each unit can submit only one application.
- To ensure that grants are awarded fairly, you will be asked to confirm how many volunteers or young members need financial support.
- Applications from units with more than 12 months’ worth of reserves will be rejected.
- You can apply for this grant even if you have been in receipt of other Girlguiding grants if financial support is still needed.