You can use the ‘print’ or ‘PDF’ buttons above to create a PDF version of this page to print or email to your friends.
Region walking group – December
- Name of walk: Carperby Ridge Walk
- Date and time: Saturday 14 December 2019. Meet at 9.45 for a 10.00am departure
- Meeting point: The layby at Ballowfields Nature Reserve on the road between Carperby and Askrigg SD 987 898 Explorer OL 30 Yorkshire Dales, Northern and Central Area
- Approximate length of walk/difficulty level: 13km Level 2 moderate walking. Total ascent 372m
- Details: The route to the ridge requires a steady climb of 230m up Beldhaw Hill towards Bluescar Vein and then the climbing is done. The rewards as we traverse the ridge are the glorious views of Wensleydale from an advantage point seldom visited by walkers. We descend towards Oxclose Gate and contour round, before reaching Carperby and following the footpath back to Ballowfields.
For more details of how to take part, please download the walk information sheet