Becoming a Trainer
Are you thinking about becoming a trainer for Girlguiding?
Finding out more about it
Your commissioner and the person in your county who is responsible for training will be able to advise you. You may also find it useful to talk to any trainers you know as they will be able to explain what the role involves. If you would like further information, contact Girlguiding North East England office for contact details of the trainer qualification coordinator for the region.
This was launched in October 2008 and has been written specifically for Girlguiding. It is very flexible and prior learning and experience can be accredited. A supporting pack is available.
How to register
Support and Training as a Prospective Trainer
Apart from your tutor, you can also expect support from:
- Your county training organiser
- Your county/division/district commissioner
- Members of your trainers’ support group – you choose which one you would like to join
- Region training coordinator and other members of the region training team
Once you are registered as a prospective trainer, you will be encouraged to attend region events for prospective trainers, including:
- Two opportunities every year to attend tutors and prospective trainers days
- Trainers’ day or weekend
There are also occasional national events that you could attend.