Region Walking Group – February 2024 Walk
Walk Information Sheet: Saturday 17th February 2024
- Name of Walk: Froggatt, Curbar and White Edges
- Date and Time: Saturday 17th February: meet 9.45 for 10.00am start
- Meeting Point: Longshaw Lodge (Visitor Centre). Grid Reference: SK Explorer OL24 The White Peak. Latitude and Longitude: 53.31697, -1.60107, Post Code: S11 7TZ. Parking is available in the main Longshaw Estate carpark, Woodcroft/Nell Croft. This costs £5 (coins) for the day or is free for National Trust Members with a membership card and window sticker. Alternatively, you can park for free a short walk away on the A6187 at side of the Fox House Inn. You may need to turn around in Longshaw and come back up the road to this. We will meet outside the Visitor Centre where toilets are available. Please note the toilets on the A6187 are no longer open.
- Approximate length of walk/difficulty level: 14.5km (9 miles), 250m ascent, Level 2
- Details: We follow the track south through Longshaw Estate to the A625. After a short distance on the road the route descends through woodland for a short distance before meeting the road again and crossing onto the footpath which leads onto Froggatt Edge. We follow the length of Froggatt Edge onto Curbar Edge and then join a minor road where we turn north to follow the path along White Edge all the way to road junction of the A625 and B6054. After crossing the road back into the Longshaw Estate we follow a track back to the Visitor Centre.
- How to take part: Please send your name, contact details and emergency contact details to email@example.com by Tuesday 13th It may be possible to borrow an OS map, please indicate this on the email.